Episode 31: Bob Dalton- Founder of Sackcloth and Ashes
Bob Dalton was inspired to help the homeless population when his mother, a hard-working single mother, found herself living on the streets in 2013. Because of his Mother’s story, Bob realized that not all choose to become homeless, and that some just need a second chance. He began to call homeless shelters in his area to ask what they needed: They all said blankets. In June of 2014, Bob founded Sackcloth & Ashes. For every blanket that you purchase, Sackcloth & Ashes gives a blanket to your local homeless shelter.
On this episode we discuss:
1. How Bob’s childhood shaped his career and the business he started.
2. How Bob used his mother’s time on the streets as inspiration to start his business.
3. The impact Sackcloth & Ashes has had on the homeless community.
4. The advice Bob would give to someone who wants to be a social entrepreneur.
5. How Sackcloth & Ashes is revolutionizing social entrepreneurship.